Saturday, October 6, 2007

Things you don't want to do

Some people call what they do and don't like work, and what they like to do fun. I think that's just wrong. If you'd prefer to do something else, you would actually do that. It's just that so many components play a part in the whole 'things' game that you wouldn't decide to go fishing instead of work. Not only because I hate fishing - I'd really prefer it, if my work would be sitting in a bank counting money. No, its because we like working. We like it even if we don't say it out loud.
People love getting money, to bore themselves to death or to flush their hearts by stress. Which jackass is not proud to say 'sorry, busy right now'. Busy my ass!

Don't get me wrong. I by myself like my work. But I'm pretty sure I also like everything else I do, otherwise I would find a way to prevent myself from doing it. I mean, washing socks is really annoying. Then again, sometimes I'm happy when I don't have to place them next to my shoes in an upright position. This reminds me, evolution did a great job on placing our feet and nose at a maximum distance to each other.
Anyway, maybe we don't do everything with pleasure 7 days a week. Nevertheless we more or less like what we're doing and so use our emotions to use others.
Not even shellfish is as selfish as man is!
(I'd really like a medal for today's bottom line)

2 comments:

Ray said...

Actually, I didn't really want to write this entry at first.

Anonymous said...

The problem is, that the world is not black or white. You can like your work and still prefer many other activities. But you are probably right: if you had to climb 40 hours a week, you would probably prefer to work instead.

z